Best Budget Humidifier on Amazon?

I researched for at least three hours to find a good budget humidifier on Amazon. If you are looking into buying a new humidifier for your home, office, or your baby this blog posting might be really helpful for you to save your precious time. I've owned at least 6 different humidifiers in the last 7 years, and I will explain what you need to look for when buying a humidifier.

There are many different kinds of humidifiers using different ways to spread water in the air, but I prefer humidifiers that use ultrasonic micro-mist technology and will deal with this kind only in this content.


Finding the Right Humidifier

Easy to Clean the Product?


Cleanability is crucial for me because I don't want fungus to grow in my humidifier. And more importantly, if you have a baby or little ones you need to buy something you can clean easily. Even though a product can last a very long time(working) you can not use it if it has fungus and can't be cleaned thoroughly. I had several humidifiers that are impossible to wash thoroughly so I bought them off Amazon and from other sources.


I suggest always going for a product with a simple design without so many curves, small chambers, and an unnecessarily complicated structure. For example, I bought this one and it was impossible to clean up thoroughly. There was red fungus all the time in my humidifier, and the corners of this device is so narrow that it was nearly impossible to eliminate all the fungi. So I stopped using it immediately.

A Bad Humidifier
A Bad Humidifier



Luckily, this one is no longer available on Amazon. It was such a horrible product and if you see a humidifier that looks something like this I suggest you stay away.

The other product that I purchased was a lot better than the previous one, also from Amazon. Although this humidifier was a random Chinese brand and of okay quality, it was much easier to clean than the bad Humidifier. Still hard to clean thoroughly without a good brush but much easier than the previous one. So I ended up using this one for 3 years but recently stopped working. I was not satisfied with this one either but it worked alright.



Easy to Fill Up the Water?


In my opinion, top-filling humidifiers are the best. You can add water anytime. I had a cheap Honeywell humidifier when my son was born, but it was a nightmare to fill up the water. I had to detach the water tank from the body of a humidifier first, and then place it upside down. Then, open the lid to fill up the water. Of course, it is inevitable to spill some water on the floor.


Honeywell Humidifier
Honeywell Humidifier - Don't buy this. It sucks.


Durability - How long Does it Last?


I usually use a humidifier in the Winter season because the heater makes the air dry or when I have a sick family member. So for me, I didn't use my humidifiers throughout the whole year.

But I highly suggest my reader purchase a humidifier that has a simple structure and one that has a circuit board protected from any water leakage.

Noise & Light - Do these features bother you?


I prefer humidifiers that don't have any extra LED lights because I use a humidifier at night. I like it dark when I sleep, so even though a humidifier has a led light feature that you can turn on and off I prefer not having any for my humidifier. Furthermore, I admit it is pretty if a humidifier has a led light that changes color, but I figured I do not need this feature.

For the noise, all humidifiers with ultra-sound mist sensors have pretty much the same sound. But I noticed that some are a little louder than others. So try out the product that you like, and buy something that has a comfortable noise level. I'm very sensitive to noise, and some humidifiers were too loud for me to fall asleep.

What's my pick?


I didn't want to spend so much money on a new humidifier. So I found something that I can use for the next three years. It was only $29.99 before tax on Amazon. There are better options if you want to spend more than $150. But here is the budget humidifier I ultimately purchased.


If you buy through the link above I get some commission from your purchase, but using this link doesn't make your product more expensive or anything like that. Please use this link if you think my content is helpful for you to decide which to buy.

Susenc Humidifier
Susenc Humidifier



And finally, this is my review of the humidifier I purchased from the amazon link above. I didn't get a commission from the seller, I bought it with my own money.



Pros

Simple yet functional design

  • the ultrasound micro-mist sensor is in the bottom of the water tank, not in a separate chamber(usually some cheap humidifiers have a separate water chamber below their water tank. Which makes it harder to clean the humidifier because they are two chambers to clean.) This is a HUGE benefit compared to other products in the market.
  • Comparatively easier to clean: Other humidifiers have tight water tank openings or products that have a lid that you need to place upside down just to open the lid. And the problem with these kinds of products is that they are hard to clean up thoroughly(mold builds), hard to fill up water, and water drips every time you detach the water tank out to refill water or clean.
  • easy to fill up water - Top-filling design that makes it easy to fill more water. You just have to open the lid and pour out some water in the humidifier.
  • Huge water tank that holds 30L of water.

Affordable

  • Currently, this item is sold for $39.99 which is a decent price for a humidifier like this.

Knob Control

  • Surprisingly good knob control. It feels pretty smooth when adjusting it. You can micro-control how much mist amount you want very easily with the knob.


Cons


Chance to get water inside the circuit board.

  • The air vent is integrated inside the water tank. Check out the product image. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't put any water in it. But if I'm not careful while cleaning this device I might end up putting some water in the air vent. So I just have to be careful.
  • Bottom of the product which has a circuit board and a fan(I assume) basically in the plastic housing without any protection. I'm not sure if the device has any kind of sealing to prevent water to go into the device. So I just thought I have to be extra careful not to wet this device's bottom.

The fan is kind of loud.

  • I've purchased at least 6 humidifiers in the last 6 to 7 years. This one particular has the loudest fan noise. I'm not even sure if this product has a fan inside because I didn't get to open this product, but the sound is pretty similar to a Macbook fan noise. It is a little quieter than a Macbook fan noise though.
  • The product page suggests that it has a noise level of 28dB. I couldn't measure it because I don't have a decibel measuring device. But it sounds about right. According to a google search, 30dB is equivalent to a whispering sound.

Overall, this product probably is the best humidifier under $40. It has a clean, nice-looking design, easy to clean up(this was most important for me), and has a decent amount of mist. But, it is a bit loud for me, so I turn this humidifier off when I go to sleep. Other than that, it is one of the best budget humidifiers on the market right now.




Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Lego Gift Idea for boys under 9 years old

Samsung Q70a 65" TV vs LG OLED C1 65" Comparison